Thursday, August 23, 2007

FOURTH MEETING QUESTIONS1. Looking back at the list of your positive characteristics and qualities, what do you feel and realize about it?

1. Looking back at the list of your positive characteristics and qualities, what do you feel and realize about it?
I have realized that some of the characteristics I have chosen are not in proper rankings. That some of them are actually not one of the top ten personalities in my priorities and that some of them are with equal position in the table.

2. The Golden Rule says, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

a. Given the following situations, how would you like to be treated by your teachers and schoolmates:
- when you have given wrong answers to the questions during recitation;
- when you are expressing your opinion during class or group discussion;
- when you are giving suggestions during group work or presentation;
- when you commit mistake;
- when you don't like doing what they ask you to do;
- when they want to give you comments or suggestions?


a. The only thing that I want others to look up is our respect for each other, in all aspects of our well-being. When someone, for instance myself, have commited a mistake they should not take me down. Everyone deserves to receive forgiveness to people. In addition to that, all of us create mistakes sometimes but all of us can be deserved to have second chances. Another thing I others to practice is the openness. It is good for us to hear one's tought and that's how communication works right? Besides, you may learn new things with that kind of method. All of us are not aware of all the things happening in our separate lives so it's also good to take precised informations to others than only to rely to yourself. And in the other side, they also neeed to be confident to express their toughts because that will only result to imbalanced system of communication.


b. Considering the given ideas on how to treat others with restpect what can you commit to yourself in terms of dealing with the MCL commmunity: teachers, students, employees, security, maintenance/janitors and canteen personnel?

In order to have a great attitude with regards to dealing with the teachers, students and the staff in the MCL community, I need to be true to myself. That is one of the most improtant qualities I should obtain. Without being true to yourseld how can you be true to others? It's like faking your whole self. Then there also comes respect. I must know the limitations of my state. I should treat teachers and staffs with the appropriate level of respect. I should remember that they are a lot of steps ahead on me so they should feel where they are now and how far I am to them.

No comments: